Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Movie Star Birthday Party

image
A Movie Star Party.  What could be more fun?!  Those popcorn bags are sold everywhere!  Fill them with popcorn and dangle them.  I added stars and beaded coils then topped it off with a red feather boa!
image
Look at that negative film strip garland.  We got that from a theater.  They just gave us a whole roll free.  We draped it EVERY where and barely used up any of it!
image
We went with the colors red, black, silver, and white!  Very easy colors to find.  Decorate with movie candy (licorice and red vines) and red candy. 
image
I turned york peppermint patties into mini film reels using just red and black paper.   
image
Food is always so much fun!  My little sister made these adorable cupcakes for the party!  The picture doesn’t do them justice.  The fondant stars were dusted with edible glitter, for that extra sparkle!
imageKeeping with the star theme we had finger sandwich parts all cut out in star shapes, and served up on a gold platter.
image
I made red jello popcorn and put them in patterned paper cones that I made (with adorable scalloped edges).  Display them in a cute boa rimmed basket!
image
My favorite food though was the sparkling jello in champagne glasses.  Once again use boas to top these cute drinks off!
Hope you throw a movie star party!  We’d love to see pictures if you do (or already have thrown one).
Go here for lots more Movie Star Birthday Party ideas and details.  We LOVED this party!!

Rebecca

4 comments:

Beansieleigh said...

LOVE this!! I think I got the biggest kick out of the peppermint patties movie reels! ~tina

Joanne Kennedy said...

I love this idea! It would also be perfect for my yearly Oscar theme party I have every year.

amber said...

Thank you--I did a movie star party and had everyone dress up. Made Film curtains (ie:60s beaded curtains for doorways) with the hundreds of feet of film that was so easily attainable at the local theatre. Huge Hit! I put Black and White Marilyn Monroe pictures all over from a Calendar ($5) too.

amber said...

Thank you--I did a movie star party and had everyone dress up. Made Film curtains (ie:60s beaded curtains for doorways) with the hundreds of feet of film that was so easily attainable at the local theatre. Huge Hit! I put Black and White Marilyn Monroe pictures all over from a Calendar ($5) too.