Friday, January 29, 2010

Handprint Valentine Hearts

valentine heart handprint 2
I know that you have seen these before. 
valentine heart handprint 1
Super sweet hearts, made from handprints.
Don’t you LOVE the sweet girly nails?
valentine heart handprint 3
I made these with all 3 of my kids.
valentine heart handprint 4
This picture is so sweet to me, with their different sizes of hands!  Who doesn’t melt when they see these kinds of things?
  valentine heart handprint 5
But did you realize that done in the red and white…
valentine heart handprint 6
These are also faux Woven Danish Heart Baskets?
danish woven heart basket
See how you get the same red/white pattern?

valentine heart handprint 7
I love simple things that are so beautiful!
  valentine heart handprint 8
This tiny hand was the hardest to hold still! valentine heart handprint 9
But the oldest one, reminds me the most of the Woven Danish Baskets. valentine heart handprint 10
I was not going to put Valentine’s Decorations up until February 1st.  I like to surprise the kids with decorations all of a sudden being up one day.
But I had to hang these as soon as we made them.  And they will stay up for the whole month of February.
Don’t forget to put their names, ages, and the year on them.  I put those things on after I took the pictures for this blog! ;)
Rebecca

I'm linking to Trendy Treehouse, Twice Remembered, and DIY Day.

14 comments:

Beansieleigh said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this idea for my kids at church!! Thank you! ~tina

LollyChops said...

These are so cute... wonder if they work with dog paws??? hehehe

Oh and I totally would have hung them up early too!!!

Teresa said...

I've been looking for a do-able V-day craft idea to do with my 15-month old....and I think this is it! I linked you over at www.itisagoodday.blogspot.com. Thanks!!

Unknown said...

Those hand-hearts are just too cute!

Heather said...

I sure do love these and so much of your other work. Thanks for the crafty fun!

Paola said...

This is such a fun, cute and do-able valentine for the kids- I absolutely love them and will give them a go for the grandparents from the kids this V day. Thanks for sharing.

Seizing My Day said...

I love love love the hand prints... I will do that with my kids this week! You are a must follow blog... I love all things crafty! Thanks!
Jenn~

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Those hearts are so pretty! Thanks so much for the great idea, I'll be linking.

Jaedyn said...

I love love LOVE this! It's going to be perfect for a wonderful memory with my toddler. :-) Thanks for sharing!

You've been featured on the Creative Moms Blog Hop today - topic is Sweet Valentine's Day Tutorials:

http://kindredspiritmommy.com/sweet-valentines-day-tutorials-creative-moms-blog-hop/

A Few of My Favorite Things said...

I love this idea! Just posted about it on my blog:

http://mybabyfaves.blogspot.com/2010/02/craftastic-my-funny-valentines.html

Tara said...

That is so cute. Thanks for sharing and linking up at Trendy Treehouse.

I love all of your Valentine projects. Can't wait to try some of them.

Tara
Trendy Treehouse

Deb said...

I've not seen these before.They are precious. Love them! Thanks !

Boo, Jax and Bo said...

These are adorable... My two year old certainly liked making them - too bad his mostly look like giant blobs becuase he wasn't quite into putting his fingers together or holding them in one spot! But still - cute and we had fun so thank you!

Unknown said...

I love these! I'm gonna put a link on my blog and save for next year.