Tuesday, February 24, 2009

St Patrick's Day Banner/Bulletin Board

My Best Friend was visiting for my Son's party. She had a cute idea for a bulletin board she is in charge of for March. While she was here we were able to make it for her. I love how it turned out and thought everyone else would like a glimpse at it.
The pot of gold had the coolest gold paper for the coins! It really was perfect for gold coins, and the buckle on the Leprechaun Hat. My friend's idea is to have the banner across the top of the bulletin board. Then, the pot of gold will be in the bottom right corner. She will make a rainbow going into the coin (you know, so the pot is at the end of the rainbow). But the totally cute thing is she will be making the rainbow out of the kids' handprints. She will have a row of red handprints, then a row of orange, etc. How neat is that idea? I could see doing this on a small scale on personal pieces of paper and using just a thumb/finger print for the rows of colors in the rainbow! She will send me pictures as soon as it's up at her school (it's for the March bulletin board so it's still a bit away).
Rebecca

9 comments:

Kat said...

Fun!!!

We are thinking March already too!! We have already started on our Leprechaun traps. I am dreaming up ideas for a banner or something for my archway. Guess I am just ready for spring and some green.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

That sounds so cute! I love hand print creations!

Lucky Mom said...

The banner looks sooooo awesome. I am starting the handprints tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

Oh my goodness! This post totally just made me miss being a teacher! Decorating my boards were so much fun!!

Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Tuesdays!! :)

SarahJarnagin said...

Cute, cute!

Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

Oh I love that banner. What a great idea!
Nancy
www.basketmasterweavings.blogspot.com

Courtney said...

Came over from 5MFM. Nice to meet you!

Anonymous said...

Very cute banner. Party hopping and participating too so stop in for a visit.

Anonymous said...

Hello! Poppin’ in from The Ultimate Blog Party…all the way from Queensland, Australia! G’Day! I hope you have time to visit my party soon.

I'm giving away Pink Champagne Shower Syrup from Jaqua Beauty...stop on over and enter! Ends April 8. Open to USA.

Ta!