Wednesday, January 21, 2009

From My Friend About Jell-o Salad

My awesome girlfriend posted this in the comments and I wanted to make sure it gets read. I love sharing recipes and now I'm going to have to try it myself. Thanks so much for your share;)

"I made my favorite last weekend. It's a variation of 7-up salad.

Strawberry 7-up Salad

1/2 pkg small marshmallows
8 oz room temp cream cheese
small box of strawberry jello
1 c water
1 c strawberries
1/2 c chopped nuts (I use pecans)
1 c 7 up

Beat room temp cream cheese until smooth, add frozen or fresh cut up strawberries (orig recipe has can of crused pineapple so there is juice in there. You can use milk, I use a bit of strawberry vitamin water...less than 1/4 cup), stir in nuts. Boil water, whisk jello until dissolved. Stir marshmallows into hot jello mixture (some will dissolve), then fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour 7 up in last (it will create a foamy texture) and pour into mold, or as I use, bundt pan. Whatever! It's delicious!"
~Anjeanette

No comments: