Sunday, September 4, 2011

Annnnd we’re back!

Did you miss us?

Anjeanette here. Right now Rebecca is knee deep in student teaching, the rest of her teaching classes AND still being Mom to her three amazing kiddos. She is loving student teaching and I think falling in love with her students. Did I mention she is teaching Kindergarten kiddos? Perfect match for her, don’t you think? As you can imagine, being knee deep in the thick of it all, she needs a minute to get her breath.

I was talking to Erika (our youngest sister) the other day and we were both talking about missing the blog. So, we are back!

I moved from Arizona to Maryland a year ago. Both my kiddos started school this year. The kids wrote what they wanted to be when they grew up, like I shared with you a two years ago. This year, the 4th grader wants to be a singer.
20110824_999_9

The Kindergartener wants to be a scientist. Don’t let that cheezy smile fool you. He even has his evil scientist Mwa ha ha laugh.
20110824_999_6

And here I am. I was so busy getting the kiddos where they needed to go and all the right pictures, I barely was able to run a brush through my hair. But after the kids were in school, I was a little homesick for our usual traditional Boo Hoo Breakfast I used to host. Mom
Both my boys were in school for the first time. So I wrote out the one constant thing I wanted to be when I grew up. I’ve wanted to be lots of things. I still do. But I’ve always wanted to be a Mom.

erika
Here is a picture of our spunky littlest sister Erika. Erika is like a bubble of life and I do so love talking to her. Erika and her little family moved to Utah are are remodeling our Grandmother’s house. Makes me feel nostalgic for our childhood when we Skype with her. (Thank heavens that ugly fuzzy picture from the 70’s is no longer gracing those walls. Still gives me nightmares thinking about it.)

293527_10150744281580268_765210267_19896986_4526343_n[1]
Her son is a little genius. They all came to visit us earlier in the year and let’s just say he knew the alphabet and all the sounds the letters make better than my little one after two years of preschool. I’m not sure what Erika is feeding the little fellow, but I totally want to eat a bit of it myself.

Anyway, hang tight and come back to see what we are up to.

~~Anjeanette & Erika

Oh would you please leave us a comment and tell us if you missed us at all? I totally missed the lovely comments from our dear readers.

8 comments:

Regina said...

Love the first day pictures! We start on Wednesday and I have a note to remind me to do our "what I want to be" photo to start off 1st Grade!! (glad you're back!)

RootsAndWingsCo said...

Oh Regina! I should have known you would be my first commenter! You are so sweet my friend!!! You HAVE to share your 1st grade pictures. I hope the munchkin has a great first grade year!!

Hugs to you!
Anjeanette

CitricSugar said...

LOL - yes, you were missed.

Good luck with student teaching, Rebecca! I started my internship a week and a half ago and am already up to my eyeballs... Isn't it great? :-)

Panya said...

I just joined Pinterest & started following you there, wondering why there hadn't been any posts in a while.

I don't remember the feed being truncated before, was it? Not a fan. I usually unsubscribe from truncated feeds.

Anyway, good to see you posting again.

Linda said...

I was happy to see the post! All of my chicks have used their wings and flown away, but I still really enjoy the posts, whether they're crafty, or family-oriented. Gee, I wish I had known about the first day of school chalkboard idea when mine were home. It's a terrific idea! I'll have to tell my kids so they can do it with their chicks. Glad to have you back.

Kat said...

LOL I MISS YOU ALL THE TIME. ;) HAPPY BLOGGING....

Kayce said...

What a great idea on the 1st day of school!!! I love it! And I love that you are writing again!! :) So glad you moved to MD!!!

Kaleidoscope said...

Definitely missed you guys!!!! I can't wait to see what you'll put out here for us next :) Welcome back!!!!