Wednesday, June 8, 2011

YEEHAW! It’s officially summer here! Super great summer fun ideas!

image

I LOVE summer!  Actually, my kids have been out of school for 2 weeks now!  I am one of those Mom’s that absolutely LOVES having my kids home for the summer! 

 

I’m already farming my kids out to different relatives to spend time away from home, and to get to enjoy more time with cousins, aunts, uncles, and of course Grandparents.  They’ve stayed with both sets of Grandparents and my Brother and his family (thanks, Katrina).  I think the time away from home is so important and fun for kids! Next week it is church camp for my daughter, we have a couple of trips to San Diego planned (to visit my BFF!!!). Squeee!  I’m trying to squish in a few camping trips, too!

 

Other parts of my summer that I LOVE is the stuff we do at home.  I’ve got science fair books on hold at my library so we can have lots of science fair fun all summer long!  We are also busy gardening, hiking, movie watching, snuggling, popsicle eating, baking, cooking, crafting, and having Mommy Summer School. Tomorrow I will tell you all about my Mommy Summer School, here is where I have talked about it before and it gives GREAT ideas of super fun and educational stuff to do with your kids!!  So, I’ve compiled a list of all sorts of different summer fun for you guys to peruse, of really amazing Summer Fun stuff to do.

Amy at Positively Splendid has a great Summer Survival Guide!

image

Mique from Thirty Handmade Days is running Funner in the Summer!

image

Megan with Brassy Apple has S.O.S Ideas to keep your summer fun running!

image

Kojo designs and Delia Creates just had a Color Your Summer Contest going on in the month of May.

image

My friend, Alison from Oopsey Daisy is hosting Summer Camp, every Friday this summer!

image

I follow The Nurture Store on Twitter and they always have fantastic ideas.  Here they have a Play Academy Idea Swap going on!

image

Oh what fun!  An Outdoor Play Link Up, filled with great ideas!!  This comes to you from An Amazing Child!  Also check here for ideas for how to spend your week outdoors!

image

Digital Reflections has this fun list of 100 free things to do with your kids this summer. 

image

Also brought to you by Digital Reflections  and Spell Outloud is a fun gathering called Big Summer Fun!

image

Tip Junkie has 38 Craft Boredom Busters and Summer Boredom Busters, and Activities and Crafts for the Kids, and more Activities for the Kids!

image

Crystal and Co has 80+ inexpensive ideas for summer fun.

Fun-Attic has a great list of summer fun ideas!

 

And of course don’t forget to peruse all the summer activities we’ve shown here, on Roots And Wings Co!

 

Also, do you Pinterest? I LOVE it! I have been compiling my own list of fun summer stuff to do. Check out my Summer Fun board for all the things I want to try/do with my kids!

 

How fun, on Blog Frog right now there is a discussion going on, about the topic of Summer Fun!  Check it out!

 

Seriously, go check out each and every one of those sites!  You wont be stuck wondering what to do this summer!

 

I’m off to go and play with my kids!  Can you tell how much I LOVE when I get my kids to myself during the summer?!  I just never get enough of them!  What should we do first?  A science experiment? Gardening? Finish their Doll Beds? or Camp out in our house?

 

Rebecca

If you are holding a bloggy summer camp of some sort let me know and I’ll add you to this awesome list of fun!!

6 comments:

Crafty Mom said...

WOW! What an amazing list you've compiled! I'll be bookmarking this and checking out all the links. Sure to be a fun summer! Thanks for sharing!

Jaimee @ Havenwood House of Boys said...

Hot DOG! Thanks so much for gathering these awesome links!! I'm sharing this post on my crafty facebook page : )
Jaimee @ craft-interrupted.blogspot.com

Allister said...

Oh this is an amazing blog about summer tips and so many links.
There are so many nice things to do with kids in the summer and it feels like parents can find time to spend it more with their children.

RootsAndWingsCo said...

Thanks for your sweet comments guys! I figured I already had a list compiled for summer fun with my kids, so why not share it with all of you! I LOVE summer (though my favorite season is Winter, I love the extra time with my kids in Summer)!!!!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

You are SO sweet to mention my Summer Camp. You're amazing, Rebecca! So much fun going on this summer!

Jilly said...

I like to appreciate for gathering these awesome links. Well, I will be bookmarking this and checking out all the links. Good to share with us.
internet watch