Friday, January 8, 2010

Polymer Clay Gifts

I made these gifts for Christmas but these are perfect for any time of the year. I think all of us have those friends who are hard to shop for and so making jewelry always seems the best way to go.
This pendant was surprisingly easy to make. Polymer clay is really great to use (you just need an exacto knife and a pasta roller). I have always wanted to use the blender method to make my own colors and it turned out wonderfully!

You can buy the black cording at a craft store (like Joann's) and it already came with the closures on it so I only had to attach the pendant to it using jump rings. Sooo easy!

The next gift I made is this snazzy bracelet. I made one also in blue, but wrapped it before I got a picture. The bracelet is a little more complex than the pendant, but also very manageable.
The only materials I needed were the black, yellow, and white polymer clay, stretchy cording and some random beads that were used as spacers. All in all, these gifts took about a day to make. Not too shabby!

Linking here and here and here!

5 comments:

RootsAndWingsCo said...

Erika
I loved how these turned out. You made some fun stuff for gifts for your friends!
Rebecca

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

so cute! thanks for linking!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Both of those turned out so cool! A gift any girl would love!

Thanks for linking!

Andy Porter said...

That looks like something I'd like to try. I was just thinking about making some kind of pendant yesterday. Great idea!! Thanks for linking to Poppies!

LollyChops said...

These are so cool! I have always wanted to give this a try!