Saturday, October 10, 2009

Easy No Fuss Halloween Cupcakes-GF/CF

FYI...These are Dairy and Gluten free!!!

Halloween Peep cupcakes

Peeps make the perfect Halloween cupcake toppers. A generous amount of frosting will keep your peeps standing upright. I made these for the first time last year with the ghosts after seeing some adorable ghost cupcakes made out of marshmallows covered in frosting. I even posted about them on my personal blog. Then I got a brilliant idea to just use peeps. No muss no fuss and they were thoroughly enjoyed.

When you pull the pumpkin peeps apart there is always a sticky edge. You can take care of this by pressing the exposed marshmallow in orange colored sugar crystals. You don’t have to do anything with the ghost peeps since they aren’t connected in the same way.

When I bought my peeps today I noticed that they also had “black” cats as well. If you have a few dozen cupcakes to make up for a Halloween party why not just top them with peeps and fun sprinkles? Even if you don’t have a party to make them for your children will no doubt love them as a special treat. They will enjoy helping you frost the cupcakes and decorating them with peeps and sprinkles.

Happy Halloween

Katrina

4 comments:

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

Very cute! Who would have thought they have Halloween themed Peeps.

I’m having a GIVEAWAY over at my site. Stop by and check it out.

http://domesticprincessintraining.blogspot.com

Kari Sweeten said...

I'm a huge "Peep" fan so I LOVE this idea!! I'll be featuring this weekend!

Unknown said...

Love this idea! I will have to use it when I make cupcakes for our senior class at school. Thanks for sharing!

Gifts Philippines said...

Well, these Halloween cupcake really looks so yummy. I wanna try to make something like that also. Anyway, I'm been looking for topics as interesting as this. Looking forward to your next post. Thanks for sharing.


-fern-