Thursday, January 29, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday is almost here!!

I'm totally excited that the Cards are playing in the Super Bowl. We are trying to get our kids excited about it. Here are a couple of ideas that we thought you may like too.


Cardinals Bottle Jerseys
I searched everywhere to find a template for a bottle jersey. Much to my surprise, I could not find one anywhere. So I had to make my own.


Just print this out on a regular 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper. Cut it out, tape the sides. Voila, you have your own little bottle jerseys. I thought these would be adorable on a table setting. You could even have a whole team ready for the game.

~~~~





Football Calzones.

Rebecca came up with these. I don't know why I didn't come up with these!

Start with pizza sauce, thawed and risen Rhodes dough, toppings of your choice (she used pepperoni), cheese. Rebecca's secret for yummy pizza is to use both Mozzerella AND cheddar cheese.



She stretched and flattened each individual roll. Layered sauce, pepperoni and cheese.


To make the shape she brought the sides up, folding in half and pinching a seam. This makes the football shape. She put them on the pan with the seam underneath. Make sure you check the shape. Add some strips of dough for the laces. Let it rise again in the fridge until you are ready to bake it. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.

Aren't they adorable? Her kids thought it was so fun to eat a football. They kept saying "I'm eating a football, I'm eating a football!!"


~~~~




Cardinal Pom poms (or is it pom pons?)
Now you need to be able to cheer the Cards on appropriately. We need some pom poms. This is super easy. We used some red and white tissue paper. I took a few sheets of each. I folded one edge (to the right of the below picture). This needs to stay intact. From the other edge, I cut 1/4 inch strips. Using the paper cutter was totally the way to go. Super easy. Do this with both white and red. Layer them together.


Roll both layers of tissue paper with the uncut edge becoming a handle. Tape it together.
Go CARDS!!!




~~~~


Another way to cheer the Cards on
Rebecca found a football clip art. She printed it up, let her kids color and decorate it. Cut it out, glue it to a painted popsicle stick. Now you are totally ready to enjoy the game.



And if you are a Stealer's fan, you are on your own;)

GO CARDS!!

Don't forget, if you make something from these ideas, please share it with us on our flickr group
We can't wait to see what you come up with!!
~Anjeanette

2 comments:

Regina said...

Awesome awesome ideas -and I LOVE the new website!!!

Lucky Mom said...

Love the football ideas although I was hoping we'd have some Charger stuff... I guess I can jump on your bandwagon though. Go Cards.