Tuesday, April 26, 2011

S'More Teacher Appreciation Gift


**This is a repost of one of my favorite Teacher Appreciation Ideas**

I know I keep saying this, but cute, right!? I love the papers that I used for these gifts! I made these tall milk cartons from a template and my own cute paper stash (oh how I have a weakness for paper!). Then, I filled them with all the makings for S'Mores; Graham Crackers, A Hershey Bar, and Marshmallows. Make sure to be able to see all of your ingredients. The Hershey Bar would be lost on either of the sides and so had to be sandwiched in the middle of the marshmallows and graham cracker. I added a tag on the back that was a heart felt letter of thanks from my kids and I and then this saying:
"We Need S'More Teachers Like You!"
To make these I cut out my milk carton template out of my cute papers, having to add a window to see what was inside so that my note made sense. That's the backside of my paper cut out and with fold lines in place.
Hard to see on this one but I'm holding my window cover. I cut up a sheet protector for this and glue it to the inside of the box before you glue the box together!
I have a new favorite glue for paper projects. I really want my paper projects to hold up especially because I tend to do lots of bags and boxes, and who really wants the gifts inside falling out because your glue doesn't hold?! The paper on the left is the front side of my paper after it is cut out and lines folded. The paper on the right shows the box mostly put together. I glued the top part together and then filled the box with my goodies, and the bottom of the box has a tuck in closure (fit tab A into slot B kind of a thing)!

You wont see the box on the right finished. It was an extra one that my daughter asked for. She had another teacher at school that she goes to (for her Project Ideal class) that she wanted to give something to as well. I'm so happy that my daughter likes doing this as well as me and that she thought about another person to give this to. My kids ride the bus and so for Christmas and end of the school year we also include the bus drivers in the gift giving.

I punched 2 holes in the top to tie a pretty ribbon through that will add a cute embellishment as well as tie the card to the gift! My other fun embellishments are my 3-D butterflies on the window part of the box. I cut them out of excess from the boxes. I only glued on the body of the butterfly and folded the wings back so that they would stick out.



As with most gifts, these would also be great for Mother's Day or any other gift giving time!

Don't forget to check here, here, here, here, here, or even here for our other fantastic Teacher Appreciation/Mother's Day gifts!

Rebecca

***All the girls at Roots and Wings Co love to share our patterns and templates. Unfortunately, the template for this milk carton is not ours to share. It is part of a program that I got with one of my cutting systems.

No comments: