Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Send a hug to a far away family member!

Last year, we moved from Arizona to Maryland. That is just about as far as you can go in the same country, don’t you think? My kids miss their cousins and I miss my family a lot. We would love to be able to reach right through the phone or Skype and give them a hug. But as you all know, that just isn’t possible. Instead, we thought we would mail some hugs!
I had this nice roll of paper in the kid’s art stuff. I rolled out some paper and had them lay down on it. With their arms outstretched, I traced around them with a pencil. With little ones you may need to hold their arms and fingers still so they don’t end up with monster limbs.
1 trace with arms stretched out

I went back over it with a Sharpie to kind of *tidy* things up.
2 go over the lines with a sharpie to make them darker and fix any mistakes

Then the kids got to make their hugs.
3 let the kids draw the details and color

They got to add any details they wanted and color however they wanted.
4 color

All colored in.
5 all colored in

Then I carefully cut the hugs out.
6 cut out around sharpie line

We folded the arms in like a hug.
7 fold arms in like a hug
7 fold the arms in like a hug

I wrote out a little note on the arms.
8 write a note

And we packed it in an envelope with some drawings.
9 mail it away
I guess my nephew loved his hug from his cousins. He came out of his room with the hug around him and told everyone he was getting a hug from my kids. Sweet! Years ago (when my son was much smaller and fit on the paper better) I traced up his whole body. He colored it in and we mailed it to my Grandma. She had it on her wall for a long time and thought of my son every time she walked by his outline. I love that. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to let someone faraway know you love them and miss them. Send them a hug!

Wouldn’t you love to get a hug in the mail? I know I would;)

~Anjeanette

21 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great!!! My mom is moving back to Houston right now as I type this for work! I love this idea for my son to send a hug to his granny-ma!! thank you!

Crafty Mom said...

Oh, that is SUCH a cute idea!

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

My husband has to be away from home a bit because of his job and this is PERFECT! Kicking myself for not thinking of it sooner :) And it will be great for family we are away from.

Thanks so much for the wonderful idea!

Jedda said...

I love this idea...can't wait to try it ;)

Unt said...

love this!!!!

Jamie @ hands on : as we grow said...

This is perfect for the holiday season and long distant relatives! I think we'll do this! Thanks!!!

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

this is the cutest idea! I'm a grandma and I think I'm going to create a grandma hug and send it to my long distance grandchildren!! They will love it. Thank you for this tutorial.

♥Lee Ann

starnes family said...

I absolutely love this. Friends of mine are without Daddy for Valentines, so I'm going to help them create these.....and send to Afghanistan.......great idea!

I linked up to you on my Facebook page.....

www.facebook.com/momslittlesecrets

Thank you!

Casey

Heidi said...

Such a great Valentine's Day Card idea! Thanks for sharing. I think I'm going to have my kids make them for my hubby and write "I love you this much!"

Barbara said...

This is great! I just "pinned" you on Pinterest. Thanks so much!

Christi said...

I followed this from a Pinterest pin, and we are making hugs to send to Nana today!

Amy said...

Such a cute idea. We copied yours (and gave you credit). http://sometimescreative.blogspot.com/2012/03/mailing-someone-hug.html

Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Such a cute idea! Can't wait to try it!

Unknown said...

What a cute idea! Can't wait to try it!

Toqua's Crafts said...

I just a few minutes ago saw this on Facebook. Isn't it amazing how a post you (or any of us) made so long ago can still be affecting someone?

I *LOVE* this idea!!

Great job!

Create Your Lifestyle said...

What a fantastic idea!! We are gonna have to do this with the lil ones to send to Nana and Grammy!

Aileen and Tracey

www.TwoSouthernSweeties.com

Unknown said...

تنظيف فلل بالرياض
شركات نظافة بالرياض
شركة رش مبيدات حشرية بالرياض
افضل شركة مكافحة الحشرات بالرياض
افضل شركة لنقل الاثاث بالرياض
شركات تخزين اثاث بالرياض
افضل شركة تسليك مجارى
شركة نظافة خزانات بالرياض
شركة كشف تسربات
شركة عزل خزانات
شركة عزل اسطح بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مسابح بالرياض
شركة تنظيف منازل
مكافحة البق
شركات مكافحة الحشرات جدة
شركات رش المبيدات الحشرية بجدة
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض
شركات مكافحة الحشرات في جدة
مكافحة فئران
شركة مكافحة الصراصير
مكافحة افات المخازن
مكافحة الارضة
شركة تنظيف بجدة
شركات تنظيف المنازل في جدة
نقل عفش جدة
نقل اثاث جدة
شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة
كشف تسربات المياة بجدة
شركة نظافة بجدة
نقل عفش في الرياض
نقل العفش
نقل العفش بالرياض
تخزين عفش بالرياض
شركة تخزين اثاث
شركات نقل اثاث
شركات نقل عفش
افضل شركة نقل عفش
شركات نقل عفش في الرياض
افضل شركة لنقل الاثاث بالرياض
شركات تغليف الاثاث في الرياض
تغليف الاثاث
شركة تغليف العفش
شركة مكافحة حشرات
مكافحة حشرات
شركة رش مبيدات
رش مبيدات
مكافحة الحشرات
مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
رش مبيدات بالرياض
شركة رش مبيد بالرياض
افضل شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض
افضل شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
افضل شركة مكافحة الحشرات في الرياض
افضل شركة مكافحة حشرات
شركة تنظيف اثاث بالرياض






Unknown said...

I have learned that there is more power in a good strong hug than in a thousand meaningful words. See the link below for more info.


#hug
www.ufgop.org

zara8359 said...

thanks for this post . Artificial Grass Installation Dubai

Unkonwn said...

يونيفورم امن صناعى هو نوع خاص من الملابس المصممة لحماية العاملين في بيئات العمل الخطرة. يتميز بمواد خاصة تضمن الحماية من مجموعة متنوعة من المخاطر، مثل الحريق والمواد الكيميائية والكهرباء الساكنة. يأتي هذا النوع من الملابس بتصميمات فريدة توفر الراحة والمرونة للعاملين.

Unkonwn said...

تتفاوت تكاليف عملية تكميم المعددة بحسب عدة عوامل، منها خبرة الجراح وسمعته، وموقع العيادة أو المستشفى. قد تشمل الأسعار الرسوم الطبية والفحوصات اللازمة قبل وبعد الجراحة. ينصح دائمًا بالتحدث مع الجراح لتحديد الأسعار بدقة وفهم كافة الخدمات المشمولة، مما يساعد على اتخاذ قرار مستنير ومناسب للحالة الصحية والميزانية الشخصية.