Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Last Minute Thanksgiving Food Ideas

image

I have compiled a bunch of fun recipes to add to your Thanksgiving meal!  The first one I posted about a month ago.  These yummy Pumpkin Pie Spiced Pumpkins are actually filled with apples and caramel!  YUM!

image

Next up is a fun and healthy centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table, Katrina’s Edible Thanksgiving Arrangement.

image 

OK, Anjeanette’s Parisian Apple Pear Tartlets were the inspiration for my pumpkin pie spiced pumpkins above because I loved them so much!

image

Anjeanette’s Rugelach is just so pretty.  My Mom used to always make croissant like rolls for Thanksgiving and the look of these totally brings me back to those memories!  Love that.

image

Pumpkin Pie Spiced Cookies are super fun because they are a modification from a box mix!

image

Anjeanette’s Chocolate Amaretti Torte.  Who doesn’t need a little (or a lot of) chocolate added to their meal?

image

Katrina’s Caramel Apple Pie Spiced Drink is better named Apple Pie In A Cup!  Katrina made this for us one year and just had it simmering in a crock pot.  Brilliant!

image

Hot Spiced Orange Drink is a mix to make ahead so that you can whip up a delicious hot drink when the mood hits!  It’s a quicker version of my families favorite hot spiced orange drink, Wassail!  Wassail is totally worth it to make.  For large gatherings it is PERFECT!

image

Now that you are making all those hot drinks you need some Marshmallows for your hot drinks! 

image

Don’t eat this one (though you could) but you still have to cook it.

Pumpkin Pie Spiced Playdough is so much fun to whip up for the kids to keep them occupied during the booking/baking hours!  It really smells amazing and can last for a while in a ziplock bag!

image

Don’t forget to carefully open your walnuts and save them to make your own Retro Mouse Walnut Mouse Ornaments.

 

Rebecca

I’d love to hear everyone’s favorite recipe’s for Thanksgiving.  What is your must have item, in order for it to feel like Thanksgiving?  Mine is my Spinach Balls, my Mom’s Layered Jello, and olives (of course Turkey and ham, and fresh rolls are a given!).  We always put the olives on each of our fingertips.

1 comment:

Timmarie said...

I was just thinking of your family's lovely wassail and then I read about it. I really should whip some up. It is so dee-lish!