Friday, May 27, 2011

Strawberry Lemonade Slush

IMG_0019b
I found this recipe a while ago and I LOVE it!  It is so cool, light and refreshing.  Just a few days ago I was out shopping and I saw an advertisement for McDonald’s Strawberry Lemonade Slush.  I thought it would be the perfect treat.  Not so much.  It was gloppy, and didn’t taste any good.   My Strawberry Lemonade Slush is sooo much better!  And it’s easy too.
IMG_0001b
You need water, ice, Country Time powdered Lemonade, and strawberries.   And I’m sure the top to my lemonade container is in the trash.  Lovely.
IMG_0002b
First off you need to put 1/3 cup of the Country Time Lemonade powder into a blender.
IMG_0005b
Next, add 1/2 cup of water.
IMG_0007b
The recipe calls for three cups of ice.  I eyeball it.  I add some in first so that my blender can handle it.  Blend until smooth.
IMG_0010b
Add in more ice and a cup of strawberries.  I chop off the green tops and then quarter the strawberries so my blender can handle it.  If you have a nicer blender like a Vita-mix, you could add all the ice at once and wouldn’t have to chop up the strawberries.  Lucky you.  Winking smile
IMG_0011b
Blend until you reach the desired consistency.  It should be icy but not have any large chunks of ice in it.
IMG_0012b
Here’s the recipe I got this from.  They show such a deeper colored drink, mine NEVER looks like that!  And it still tastes amazing!
IMG_0015b
Garnish and enjoy.  It makes two servings.  The leftovers can be frozen and thawed for later use.  Like if you make some for your husband and he doesn’t want it.  More for me! 

Strawberry Lemonade Slush
1/3 cup Country Time powdered Lemonade
1/2 cup water
1 tray of ice (eyeball it)
1 cup of fresh strawberries

~Erika

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks so refreshing. I'd heard the same thing about the McDonald's ones being kind of gross and this recipe looks so easy.

I'd love if you shared it (and any other of your awesome ideas and recipes) at my Summer Fun party.

http://cometogetherkids.blogspot.com/2011/05/summer-fun-party.html

Valerie said...

This looks so delish. I love berries and slushes so I can't wait to try it.

RootsAndWingsCo said...

Rebecca here. I've had this and it is delish! Thanks Erika!

Rebecca@RootsAndWingsCo

xo xo xo said...

We just made this. The kids loved it. We made a couple of changes ~ I don't have a blender~ used a smaller blender (knock of magic bullet) I used 3 spoonfuls of the lemonade, 1/4 cup of water, and we only had frozen strawberries so I added more instead of the ice~this gave us the deep coloring! For the second kiddo I ran out of strawberries~ had about 3/4 the amount so I added 4 frozen dark cherries~ Even deeper coloring and just as good...

THANK YOU FOR THIS AMAZING RECIPE!

My daughter has been bugging me about the McD's one and I wasn't really thrilled about the idea of it! Now we have a better version, with real fruit, to get us through the summer!

CoopDeVilla said...

I just love a change-up for dear ole' lemonade. And a make at home version is the best. Thank you.

Martha said...

yummy. wonder if I can get my daughter to try it.