Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother’s Day

image

Image from Coolfreeimages.

 

Happy Mother’s Day!!

I am fortunate to have so many amazing women in my life who have taught me (and are still teaching me) how to be a great Mom (Mom, Grandmothers, Sisters, Friends, Aunts, Teachers, etc)!  The internet is an amazing place.  I am so thankful for the wonderful world of blogging, where women so generously share their tricks to enriching their lives, and in doing so have enriched mine and my children’s lives!  So, thanks to all of you who make me a better Mom. 

 

Thanks to all the women who were a part of raising me (My Mom, Grandmas, Aunts, Women in my Church, etc). Thanks to my own Mother for all she sacrificed for me and did for me, and for still being here for me on a daily (sometimes hourly) basis!  Thanks to the 3 cuties that made me a Mother!

 

I am off to spend the whole day with my Mother and my children (and some of my sisters and their children!)!  What a beautiful day!

 

I hope you all have wonderful days as well!

 

Rebecca 

 

PS  Do you want to know what I got for Mother’s Day?  On Friday I was surprised to find my oldest had set a beautiful table for me with the words I love you, written in yarn.  There were also banners and cards for me!  She wanted to start my Mother’s Day weekend off right…and she did!  How I did not hear her doing this is still unsettling to me. Winking smile

Then, yesterday I got treated to a mud run.  In High School I was a runner (track and cross country).  I have not run since.  I ran a 3 mile mud run which has really fun (and ridiculously muddy) obstacles.  It was the first time my kids ever saw me run…and it made me cry.  Then, there was a 1 mile family run.  I ran with my children…and it made me cry.  I was so very proud of them!  All 3 did so well.  Then, we went back and played in the mud!   If you knew me, you would know how much this activity was so me!!  Seriously, I will be doing the next mud run!

Today my Mom and sisters are making a delicious brunch.  Then, later my Dad will be in charge of the food for the whole gang.  So, I get to spend the whole day with my family!!

Could not have been a better way to have spent my Mother’s Day Weekend!!

No comments: