Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Exciting Easter Eggs!

image

There are so many great things to make, eat, and do for Easter!  I’m going to share with you some of my favorite Easter Eggs!

Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Easter Eggs are so yummy and totally doable!  My parents made these for us growing up.  I remember them having our names on them.  That link above is a whole tutorial for how to make these and the edible grass that they are sitting on.  Now, if you run out of time you can buy chocolate covered marshmallow eggs and just add your own names.  You still might want to check out that tutorial to see how to get the writing on them!  It’s kind of like a Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade type of thing!

image

Pysanky is a really fun way to decorate Easter Eggs.  It takes a steady hand (which I do NOT have) but is really addictive and can make some beautiful eggs!!

image

We tried this out last year and now I’m dying to get my own Pysanky tools to be able to do this every year!

image

This year I made these ribbon eggs for our family Easter Egg Hunt.  Here is the Dangling Easter Egg Tutorial so that you can make your own!

image

I also made buried eggs and here is the Buried Easter Egg Tutorial!  The dangling egg and buried egg make for some really fun Easter Egg Hunting!

image

Easter Egg Geodes are a really fun science experiment to do.  The eggs turn out beautiful and the kids learn something new (actually you will probably learn something new too.

image

Dying Eggs With Natural Dyes is another great thing to do with your kids!  I am leaning more towards doing everything as naturally as I can every year and so this is really great for that.  It is also really cool to see how many colors you can come up with naturally!

image

String Egg Dioramas are totally from my childhood.  Don’t you remember making these and yarn baskets?  So pretty!

image

Tonight we will be decorating the first of our Easter Eggs.  I love decorating a few times each Easter.  I also love trying out new ways of decorating the eggs each year.  Check back to see what we try out this year! Winking smile

 

Rebecca

What are your favorite Easter traditions or ways of decorating Easter Eggs?

2 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

I made personalized clay eggs this year, They turned out so FABULOUS!!!
http://www.therachelberryblog.com/2011/04/personalized-clay-easter-eggs-tutorial.html

Love your blog and all your great ideas!

:) Rachel Berry

RootsAndWingsCo said...

Rachel,
Your eggs are so super cute! I love polymer clay. I love that I can do my kids names. This is definitely on my to-do list! Thanks for sharing!!

Rebecca