Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lots of Father’s Day Ideas

image

I have some amazing Fathers in my life!  I am so thankful for all of them.  I love that we have a day to celebrate them.  I’ve compiled some of my favorite gifts we have made, for the Fathers in our lives.

 

Above is a canvas that is painted and then you Mod Podge on patterned paper tracings of your children’s hands! 

image

How easy is it to make signs for Dad?  Above are just paper cups stuck into a chain link fence, that writes out your sentiments for Dear Old Dad!

image

Printing out sections of the sentiment and then taking a picture of your kids holding the pages are so much fun!  I love this for children who are too young to write these things in a card!  You can either make a card out of this, or frame it for Dad to hang on the wall.

image

Every year my children wear a new Father’s Day shirt that I have made.  This shirt was my favorite.  It is embroidered onto the shirt.

image

There are a million gifts that you can have made up, using pictures of your children, or actual artwork that your children have made!  I love this Children’s Artwork Mug Gift.

How about some fun things with Shrinky Dink?  The following three gifts were made using Shrinky Dink!  Tutorials for all three can be found here.

image

A Tiny Crochetted Shrinky Dink Magnet.

image

A 3 Dimensional Desk Plaque.

image

Key chain of each kids’ handprint and signature.

 

Hope this inspires you for some great gifts for the Dads in your life!  Also check our left side bar for even more great gifts for Dad!

Rebecca

2 comments:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

Such great ideas, love the hand on canvas and the quilted hands...

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

These are wonderful! I love the canvas. =)