Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Cinco De Mayo!-Wednesday’s Creative Inspiration

image
This year we’re all heading to my Mother’s house for our Cinco De Mayo Festivities!  Can’t wait!
The above are tortillas bowls that I baked myself last year!  They are super easy, you make them out of tortillas that you bake inside glass bowls.  I will be making salsa and guacamole to bring to my Mom’s house.  I don’t think we have any parties with out them!  Yum!
image
Though I wont be doing a party myself, I will be making a version of this, for an after school snack. 
My version will be green jello in martini glasses that the rims are coated in sugar (instead of salt)!  Got that idea from my BFF! ;)

Thanks again to everyone who linked up to last week’s Wednesday’s Creative Inspiration!  We had some great Teacher Appreciation Ideas, and as it’s still Teacher Appreciation Week, you should check out the ideas if you are still needing some ideas!  Also, as school is ending, there are great teacher gift ideas!

This week, as always, you can link up anything creative that you have just done.  I’d love if we could link up fun Cinco De Mayo ideas as well!  I love having one place to go for “like” items!


As always, I will be adding in some links to inspiration that I find, as well!

Rebecca

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Jello Martinis: Such a cute and festive snack. I'll have to keep that in mind for my next dinner party!

Anonymous said...

I have always wondered how those crispy tortilla bowls were made! Now i know! And I will be giving your technique a try!

Don't you wish that fresh garden tomatoes and avocados shared the same season? What's up with this summer/winter thing?

Loved the green jello dessert idea! Brilliant!