Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thinking this Veterans Day

I just wanted to share this prayer with you.
Eleanor Roosevelt's Wartime Prayer
Dear Lord,

Lest I continue
My complacent way,
Help me to remember that somewhere,
Somehow out there
A man died for me today.
As long as there be war,
I then must
Ask and answer
Am I worth dying for?

I think it is a good reminder for us to ask ourselves..."Am I worth dying for?" I am so thankful that there are men and women now and that there were men and women in the past that thought I was. Thank you.

Anjeanette
and Rebecca and Katrina and Erika

1 comment:

Land family said...

Thank you for posting this. As a very military family (Mom served in WACs, Dad, brother, grandfather, many many cousins in Army and Marines)...I appreciate it. I uploaded this to my facebook page.