Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thinking about Halloween

Be thankful that I’m not talking Christmas yet (although I am listening to Silver Bells right now…I’m just saying.) I also love Halloween. I'm sorting through what I want to do this year for Halloween. Here are some of the things I did last year...

Candy Apple Boo kit

I love to BOO! We have a few neighbors that will BOO with us. But mostly it is a quiet street. Last year I had some friends complain that I BOO-ed them on October 1st. I just wanted to be the first one to get them;) This year, I have insurance woes up the wazoo, so I’m not going to be ready until well into October. sigh. But I thought I would share what I did last year anyway. I stole got some of these teeny containers from Rebecca and filled them with individual sprinkle type candies. I found some inexpensive pumpkin buckets and put in a candy apple kit! I had some apples, a bag of carmel, some sprinkles and of course some spiders. Sadly, this was the only picture I took I guess.

Katrina suggested I share the banner I made last year. I am seriously in love with banners/garlands. I had to restrain myself from making another one for Halloween this year;) It was just felt and Halloween fabric. I had pretty much perfected my favorite way to sew directly on the paper at that point. Old habits…I guess.

spooky sign

And the last thing I made last year was this little painted trio. I just used some canvas and paint. I propped them up by setting them on my recipe holder.

BOO canvas paintings

This year…I’m not ready. My kids are ready, but I’m not.

What are your decorations like for Halloween? What are your must do events and activities? What new things do you want to try this year?

Anjeanette

9 comments:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

You create the CUTEST things! Love your SPOOKY banner and BOO canvas!

Wendy said...

the first pic looks like the apple has devil horns haha!!

Mama King said...

All great ideas! I bet your house must fantastic decorated for Halloween!

Sherri said...

LOVE the BOO! It is just adorable!

Land family said...

Your banner just rocks! How in the world is it hanging?? Nobody does the BOO thing around here. Mostly grumpy retirees in my neighborhood....maybe I'll do it to the young couple with a baby across the street????

Even when you're overwhelmed, your enthusiasm is contagious!

Good Life 2 Go said...

Kids are always ready for Halloween much earlier. They will make you ready.

Jenny said...

I love the candy apple Boo kit. Too cute!

I usually have our costumes done by now, but I haven't started. My daughter changes her mind 5 times a day about what she wants to be for Halloween. I have worked on some decorations this year. You can see them here:

http://ourniftynotebook.blogspot.com/2009/09/mod-podge-mania-monthly-craft-challenge.html

Dareth said...

That BOO is adorable!

Jessica said...

This year is a fun one for me. Why? Because my basement flooded and my fall decor box got soaked and gross and I had to throw it all away. Sad, but good, too...because that means I get to create all new stuff!