Monday, October 5, 2009

Halloween Hand Towels

Halloween hand towels

Halloween hand towels for under $2 each. Walmart had orange towels this summer for the college dorm collection. I found orange and a black hand towels for $1.50 each! I spent $0.30 for a piece of felt and used left over buttons and part of a fat quarter that I had left over.

For the bat towel I used the bat template from Anjeanette’s Crafty Inspiration post . To sew on my bat I used Anjeanette’s trick of sewing directly through the paper pattern.

For the ghost, I started with Rebecca’s pattern for her chocolate suckers and morphed him a little bit.

When sewing my shapes onto the towels, I used thread that matched the towel color so that it would blend in on the back side.

making the trim

For the fabric trim I used remnants from fat quarters that I used in my dogs Halloween coat. I used a ruler (because it was the right width) as a guide for ironing in the edges. Before sewing to the towels I folded in the edges and matched them up with the side of the towel and pinned them into place. I used a decorative zig-zag stitch set on the widest width over the edge of the trim. You could add the trim to both sides of the towel but sewing the edges just right on both sides at once is tricky.

Happy Halloween!

Katrina


Today's Creative blog wrote up a fabulous post all about our blog and spot lighted many of our crafts. We are delighted that Kim took the time to write up such a great post for us. Stop by Today's Creative Blog and say hello.

14 comments:

Jenn said...

Cute! Gotta love crafts and bargains:)

southerninspiration said...

cute and crafty!!!

Suzanne

Kim -today's creative blog said...

You may want to check out Today's Creative Blog today!
Email me for your featured button code.
krjdemmon@comcast.net

Sherri said...

Love them! Cute, smart crafting and a great bargain. Can't beat that!

Beansieleigh said...

Well, I'd like to have some Halloween hand towels for the bathroom, so this is a really cute idea! LOVE how YOURS came out! ~tina

Anonymous said...

Saw your site on Today's Creative blog. Wow...you have great ideas! Can't wait to try some :)

Judy in Indiana said...

I followed the link and came right over to tell you how much I love your crafty ideas. New inspiration is always great.

Dareth said...

so cute!

Jodi Nelson said...

very very cute! I have a hand towel post coming up too! So fun. Love all the crafting going on right now. ;o) ooxx`jodi

Christie said...

So adorable! Now I just need to learn how to sew. =)

Jessica said...

oh, that is a great idea...i'm doing a clean your house blog thingie (can't remember exact name, oh well) and needed a cheap way to make something cute for my kitchen! love them!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Another really cute idea!

Noreen said...

Cute idea - I like the button eyes!

unknown said...

Find out the most premium health and beauty products in Pakistan at Posch Care that is stocked with a wide variety of skin care items for you.
BEST FACIAL CLEANSER in pakistan