Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Gifts for Dads and Grandpa’s

[8+add+details+like+name+and+trace+hands+spray+with+sealant+and+voila+you+are+done.jpg]

I love this idea. Anjeanette made this with her boys for her husband. It could easily be made for a Grandpa or Great Grandpa as well. I can see doing this on a stepping stone.

Paint your child’s hand and wrist and then press it down on canvas. This could be done with fabrics to make an appliqué for a quilt block. Better yet make a quilt and add to it every year as your children and family grow. Go HERE to see Anjeanette’s tutorial.

See what I mean about putting your child’s hand on fabric? Do I need to say more? Simply wonderful…….. Go HERE for the tutorial.

[IMG_2025.jpg]

Who does not love Shrinky Dinks?! We teamed up to give you 3 ways to make gifts for some special Dads using Shrinky Dinks. Go HERE to see what we came up with. We would love to hear your ideas too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! I think I know what we might be doing as gifts for Christmas with my nephews.

CitricSugar said...

The journal is a great idea (and turned out beautifully) but the quilt block idea is fantastic - how lovely! I can picture it with baby feet...