Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Gifts for Dads and Grandpa’s


I love this idea. Anjeanette made this with her boys for her husband. It could easily be made for a Grandpa or Great Grandpa as well. I can see doing this on a stepping stone.

Paint your child’s hand and wrist and then press it down on canvas. This could be done with fabrics to make an appliqué for a quilt block. Better yet make a quilt and add to it every year as your children and family grow. Go HERE to see Anjeanette’s tutorial.

See what I mean about putting your child’s hand on fabric? Do I need to say more? Simply wonderful…….. Go HERE for the tutorial.


Who does not love Shrinky Dinks?! We teamed up to give you 3 ways to make gifts for some special Dads using Shrinky Dinks. Go HERE to see what we came up with. We would love to hear your ideas too.


Paige said...

Love it! I think I know what we might be doing as gifts for Christmas with my nephews.

CitricSugar said...

The journal is a great idea (and turned out beautifully) but the quilt block idea is fantastic - how lovely! I can picture it with baby feet...

Mamun said...

This can be a finest article for this subject matter I've ever read. I'm really quite satisfied with it. Maintain running a blog!

Tucson Air Conditioning