Thursday, June 18, 2009

Our Family is GROWING!!



Ok so maybe that sounds wrong. What I mean to say is that our Roots and Wings Co family is growing. Our sweet baby sister Erika has moved back to Arizona. We are so happy to have her close again. She has an adorable baby that we are going to get to watch grow up!

Erika came along when I was 14 and Rebecca was 12. There were 4 of us within 5 years and then 12 years later there was Erika. This is just to show you the most recent picture of the 4 sisters. We have a Brother that Katrina is married to. They live 2 1/2 hours from here so they weren't in this lovely shot.
Erika has watched us make and do all her life. She has specific things she does in the family that make things go smoothly. She has always been the lucky one that gets to wrap all the zillions of items that make their way into our Christmas Eve stockings.
I don't know how she got this job. But she has been doing it for years and years. There were something like 20 stockings last year. Each included about 10 items each. You do the math.
She has the cutest personality and is turning out to be a great Mother (no surprise to us.) She JUST moved back to Arizona. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of her since she had her baby so you get pregnancy photos. She is SASSY!!
We are welcoming her to help with a few tasks here at R&W. She is going to be a Feature contributer as time permits. She is looking for a job and has a brand-spanking new baby to look after. Her husband is finishing his Master's Degree and working as well. She will also help us out with some of our run-on sentences and rambling;)



Over the years, one of my favorite things to do with Erika, has been baking. She usually helps me make Pizzelles for Christmas. And she spends the day with me baking. Although Erika loves to bake, she has many other talents that she will bring to R&W!


We can't wait to share her with you.


Erika here...I'm so excited to join this blog and I especially can't wait to do fun crafts with my sisters again.

2 comments:

Regina said...

Woo Hoo - so glad you're all closer together again!

Alena Jo said...

Cool! Welcome to AZ! I'm in AZ also, but both of my sisters live far away in the Northwest. I miss them terribly. So glad you get to be close together with your sisters!