Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesdays With Dorie - Blueberry Crumble Muffins

HELLO LOVER!!!





Sihan chose the recipe this week for the Tuesday's With Dorie recipe. Check her blog out for the recipe. I write little notes in my cookbooks so I can remember if I have made, if I liked it and if I would change anything. This one will get a thumbs up and no changes to be made comment in my book.

Everything went together easily.
I read over and over that people had problems with their berries sinking. I spooned the cake batter into the muffin cups. (I don't have time to wait for a whole cake so I will likely do muffins or cupcakes often.) Then I spooned the blueberries over the top. I had 6 large muffins and each muffin got 1/3 cup of huge blueberries. I know. I'm killing myself too. My blueberries stayed on top. I wish I had smell-i-vision because my house smelled HEAVENLY!! The crumble was delish! I would seriously eat all the muffin tops off of these and leave the rest. I love muffin tops. I am proudly growing my own right now;)

Rebecca thinks you ruin a dessert if you put fruit in it. (Although she did eat my blueberry double crust pie and like it!) But this is more of a breakfast thing and fruit is perfect. They are calling to me right now. They are also calling out for a tall glass of milk and some melted butter to smother them in.
Anjeanette

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my, those sound heavenly. My kids are blueberry lovers, so I'll have to try those this weekend. Thanks for sharing.

RootsAndWingsCo said...

MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm blueberries!!! Fresh or baked, I LOVE them. I can't wait to see what our new blueberry vine does!! I will just sit here for a minute and imagine eating one of them........Yep they are good! Darn a blueberry has fallen on my shirt, I will just have to lick it up.;)

Katrina

Lucky Mom said...

The pic looks dessert-ish. YUM. What a great breakfast!! My brother and I love mufin tops too. My mom even went so far as to buy us a muffin-top only pan. SO WONDERFUL.