Thursday, March 19, 2009

Paper Plate Easter wall hanging





I am sure all your kids have done this before. But I think it is too cute not to share. And the best part is that it is so kid friendly. I made this one and my kids made their own. Since we made this over the weekend, we have been painting up a storm. There is something so gratifying about pushing paint around with a paint brush.


For the chick:
1. Paint the back of two paper plates yellow. On one of them, paint two pink circles for the cheeks.
2. Paint the back of one paper plate orange. You only need to paint the flat part.
3. You also need to googly eyes and some yellow feathers.

4. Turn over the orange plate. Draw two star shapes for the feet. I used a star cookie cutter to make my star shapes.
5. Draw a triangle for the nose and a long rectangle for the legs. It will be cut in half to make two.
6. Cut out the orange shapes.
7. For the wings turn over the plain yellow plate. Draw your wing shape. I made it look like a three slice pie and just used two pieces.




8. To assemble the chick, glue the wings to the back side of the plate. Glue the eyes and the beak to make the face. Glue the legs and feet together and attach them to the back side of the plate.


For the Bunny:
1. On the backside of a plate, paint a pink egg shape for the belly, a pink nose and draw in the eyes and mouth.
2. On another plate paint two pink ears.
3. On a third plate cut out two feet shapes.



4. Glue the ears and the feet behind the plate. Now you have a bunny.


This is my favorite part of the whole wall hanging, a flower.
1. Paint the flat parts of one plate red.
2. Paint the flat part of another plate pink.
3. Paint the flat part of a third plate green.
4. You also need two paper cupcake liners.



5. From the red plate, cut a large circle out.
6. From the pink plate, cut a smaller circle out and glue it to the red circle.
7. Glue the two cupcake liners together and glue them to the red circle. (The liners are one inside another to make it a little more textured)
8. From the green plate, cut one long rectangle for the stem and two leaves. Glue them together and glue them to the back of the plate.





Attach all three to a ribbon and hang it to your wall.





Anjeanette

We are joining the fun at:
Craftaholics Anonymous,

16 comments:

RootsAndWingsCo said...

I love how these turned out! What a cute wall hanging!
Rebecca

Lucky Mom said...

Really cute. I think I'll string 'em left to right so I can fully appreciate the cute flower.

erika said...

I love these! Super cute!

twinkle teaches said...

Totally going to do these! I love this idea. I got my neck cooler in the mail today! Thanks ladies! :)
tina

Amber D. said...

Very cute.. I like the 3 hanging together. I am going to add you to my google reader!

While I'm here I'll tell you about my photo challenge next week on my blog.. you are welcome to join in!

http://everythingexceptthegrill.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-life-in-pictures-new-photo-challenge.html

Amanda @ www.kiddio.org said...

What a fun idea! I'm hosting an Easter kid craft Jamboree over at my blog, Kiddio, and I'd love to be able to include your post. Come check out the details at:

http://www.kiddio.org/2009/03/announcing-kid-craft-jamboree.html

Or go here to sign up:

http://www.kiddio.org/2008/01/jamboree-1-submission-form.html

Hope to see you! Thanks :)

Amanda @ www.kiddio.org

katherinemarie! said...

SUPER idea!!! What a great why to celebrate EASTER time and SPRING!!!!

Jessica Stock said...

love this. looking for an easter project, this is it! (here from kiddio)

Kelly said...

What a great idea! I tired making it this morning with my 2 toddlers, not exactly the same results, but still cute.
I linked to your site on my blog!
Thanks!!

Lana said...

I really want to try this. Thanks for sharing the idea! My DD and I will have a blast making this fun decoration! :)

Heather said...

I featured you on my blog today. Feel free to snag my "I was Featured @ The Gift Closet" button. I can't wait to do this craft w/ my kids. Thanks for sharing! :)

Heather
The Gift Closet
www.thegiftcloset.blogspot.com

Confessions Of A Homeschooler said...

Those are super cute ideas, thanks for sharing, we'll have to try some this weekend!

Unknown said...

That is the cutest thing ever! I LOVE their little faces too! What talent you have! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Anjeanette,

We loved your paper plate Easter chick and featured it as part of our spring bulletin board idea/tutorial.

You can find the full post here:
http://bulletinboardideas.org/3612/hatching-up-to-second-easter-and-end-of-the-year-bulletin-board/

Thanks for sharing your creativity! We were super excited to find your blog and can't wait to look around :)

Have a wonderful day,
Kayla

ripperonline said...

Brush wall plates

ripperonline said...

screen projector stand