Monday, February 16, 2009

President's Day

My Mom used to make log cabin cinnamon sugar toast for us. I have adapted this for my family. I make it with french toast instead of regular toast. I still add the cinnamon sugar to the top (this time our cinnamon sugar had pink cinnamon in it even). I also add mashed up fruits and veggies to my french toast. Probably our favorite is adding mashed bananas or strawberries. I have also added shredded zuchini or squashes as well! Something yummy to eat and I thought it was fun to serve it for President's Day yesterday!
Rebecca

3 comments:

RootsAndWingsCo said...

I totally remember making these. You are right, we would just toast some bread with butter. Cut the bread into about 4 strips. Sprinkle heavily with cinnamon sugar and stack like a log cabin. So much fun! I may have to make some today;)

Thanks for the memories;)
~Anjeanette

Lucky Mom said...

How fun. I could totally get behind a project like this. Crafting a house that you get to EAT?? Perfect. Your Mom is clever for thinking of this. Anytime you can get kids involved in their food, the more likely they will enjoy it.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

That is SO COOL!